Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Loo-la-bee on Sacred Simplicity


Sacred- Holy; pertaining to God or to his worship; separated from common secular uses and consecrated to God and his service; as a sacred place; a sacred day; a sacred feast; sacred service; sacred orders.

I am a wife and stay-at-home mother of 5 beautiful children. I am very blessed. I admit though, that the everyday workings of our home seem quite daunting each morning. There is the homeschooling, laundry, dishes, planning of meals, dusting, vacuming... even as I type this list I feel a bit overwhelmed. Why do we as wives and mothers do all this? Is it out of sheer necessity, or is there more to it?

"She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might...Ecclesiastes 9:1

Have my daily tasks been "consecrated to God and his service"? Is it possible that everything we do can be sacred? Can we live every moment as an act of worship to God? I am certain of it. I am also certain that the only way to do this is to trust Him to be the strength and help we need to accomplish our tasks.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. Psalm 28:7

I ask you join me in this journey, and to make it your own. Let's accomplish every task to the glory of God.

Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. Psalm 29:2


Invade
Jesus, come and walk the halls of this house Tread this place and turn it inside out with Your mercy Jesus, teach us the prayers that open these doors Until Your light floods in and illuminates these floors And let Your truth be on our steps and in these rooms Jesus invade...

No comments: