Thursday, July 22, 2010

My favorite blog is The Nesting Place. I love her clean decorating style. It is so beautiful but still simple and homey. One of my favorite things in her home is what I call her "dwell wall". I love the chalkboard and the silhouettes and I decided this was the perfect idea for one wall in my home that has been bugging me for quite some time. Here is Nester's wall...


Here is what my wall use to look like...

Despite the adorable dolly in the mirror, the wall was so boring. I love this mirror though. I bought it at a yard sale for $25! Its really huge and I have moved it to another room, so you will be seeing it again soon. :)
The new wall decor is still a work in progress, but here is what I have so far...

I LOOOOOOOVE it! I am still working on a few things to put on the left side of the chalkboard, but I am so happy with this wall now! I may or may not be sitting on my couch staring at it as we speak. ;)

Want to know how I made the silhouettes? Come back soon! I will be taking you through the steps!

No comments: