Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sunday Song - The One With Rich Mullins


I believe I was 14 years old when my mom took me and a few friends of mine to a Rich Mullins concert. I remember he walked out with a white t-shirt, blue jeans with holes in the knees, and bare feet. I had listened to his music all throughout my childhood, but now that he was in the same room as me, it was like I fell in love. Not with him, but with everything about him. From the moment he walked onto the stage, I was captivated. I think it was his ability to speak about the things of God and his struggles with such honesty. He was just so real. Some of his songs even seem child-like. I think what hit me was his humanness. Is that a word? Like David. A sinner but a man after God's own heart. He wasn't the normal church-going Christian I was use to. That is what I desire so much for others to see in me. I long for it in my life. And when I listen to his music, the longing is can be unbearable. (In a good way.) When I listen to Rich's music, I have to immerse myself. I can't just listen to one song. I have to listen till I feel saturated. His music makes me feel God sitting next to me. If you have ever heard him, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean. It is so hard to pick one song, so I picked two. Be With You is probably my favorite. I hope you love them both as much as I do.











2 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

Hi Shaundra, it's so nice to see you. I am so happy that you have joined me for the first Sunday Song in a long time. Thank you!!

I haven't heard Rich Mullins before so thanks for the intro. Isn't it amazing to think that there are so many songs out there that we have never heard before?

Best wishes and happy week,
Natasha.

Deep Dish Pizza Recipes said...

Hello nnice post