Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Not-So-Finished Fall Mantle

Well, here in Louisiana we are seeing cooler mornings and this really helps me get into the Fall decorating mood! I LOVE waking up in a chilly house. Is that weird? I just love the fact that we all want to linger under the covers a bit longer. I love smelling the yummy smells that come with fall. I love candy corn. I love wanting to make soup for dinner. Ahhhh... Lets get back to decorating.

For some reason, the mantle is the very first thing I tweak when the seasons change. I'm sure I'm not alone. Here is a picture of what our mantle looked like before...



I LOVE the pink flowers in the pitcher. They look so sweet against the blue wall. I also love shiny things. Can you tell? ;)

And here is the mantle today...



I am still not done playing with it, but these are the changes I've made so far. Im not much for orange pumpkins but I LUUUUUUUVVVVVV white pumpkins. I bought those cute white pumpkin candles (yes candles!!!) at Safeway a few years ago.  I pick up the black crow and the branches at Hobby Lobby on sale.  I think they give a kinda creepy effect without being too Halloweeney. (yes, its a word ;) I need to add some layers behind everything. Maybe a window or large picture frame. Even a swag hanging below the mantle would help. I love my FAMILY sign and the colors work great with this look, but Its just not working for me right now. Maybe a wreath? Hmmm...

Well there you have it. Apparently I am not even close to finished, but at least the mantle is more on the fall-ish side now. :)

Thanks for all the sweet comments and for following my blog! I hope you are getting some inspiration!

I'm linking to The Nester's Fall Mantle Party

3 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Clever, sweet and simply pretty. Well done!

The Watts Watch said...

Very cute! I found your blog through This Blessed Nest! I LOVE your adorable book ends!

Penny said...

I love the family sign. Might I ask where you got it? I'd love one for my family room. Thanks.