Thursday, July 28, 2011

Playing House

This week.we have been house sitting for some dear friends and I have really been enjoying the chance to play house.
The FAVORITE part is cooking on their A.Ma.Zing WOLF range.



Aaahhhhhhhhh! Can you hear the angels singing? :)
So I thought I would share a couple of the recipes I used this week.

This recipe from Melissa d'Arabian
(which is seriously yummy and I have used many times)
I made the chicken with mashed potatoes and extra gravy. YUM-O.



and then I tried out this recipe from The Pioneer Woman (LOVE her) for the first time.


The family loved it, but I did add some rotisserie chicken just in case the hubs didn't like the fact that it was a meatless meal. It was delish and I doubled the recipe so we have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I'm wondering how it would taste cold? Hmmm...

So, even thought we are still in a holding pattern with our own home, it was so nice to play house this week. I even enjoyed doing the laundry. GASP!  :)

Thanks to our sweet friends who invited us to stay in their home. We loved every minute of it!

Hope you are having a great week too!