Tuesday, August 17, 2010

For the Love of Thrifting

Happy National Thrift Shop Day!

If you have been reading blogs for any amount of time, you know that most of them sing the praises of stores like Goodwill and Salvation Army. I do enjoy a visit now and then, but I have never been very regular with it. Im not sure why. I mean after the thrill of finding the Amazing Crown Lamp, you would think I would be there once a week! Well, let me tell you... that is about to change! I. am. hooked. Wanna know why? Well...


All of these lovelies are from a recent trip to the Salvation Army, in which I spent just $8. (ok, the crown is from Hobby Lobby, but I DID get it 60% off. It was chipped, so I am going to paint it white. :)

The best advice I can give you when you try thrifting would be 1. Don't go in expecting too much. (this has always been my downfall.) 2. Have an idea of a few things you could use and 3. Keep and open mind. It never hurts to have an artistic eye either.

See that little silver tray in the to picture? It had some rust on it, so I had to get creative. You will see it again soon. ;)


Here is the adorable mirrored candlestick holder hanging in my home...

It was only 99 cents!

And then, because Salvation Army was so good to me, I tried Goodwill. I found some real treasures there!

These graphic print keys were 99 cents each! I LUUUUUUUVE them!

I guess what I learned is to not be discouraged if you don't find anything. It may take a while, but if you keep at it, you WILL be rewarded! Now get shopping! ;)

No comments: